Old February 16th 19, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Electric Brakes On Komet Trailer

On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 4:21:22 AM UTC-8, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I am trying to get away from the surge brakes and has anyone converted their trailer to electric brakes?? Thanks

Bob

I converted my cobra to Dexter Axle Torflex with electric brakes. I measured the axle bolt holes spacing, tire bolt scheme and distance from wheel to wheel. Purchased online from a trailer company they welded the brackets to fit. The easiest way is to take to a trailer dealer that carries Dexter Axles and have them replace the axle.
It was about 15 years ago as I remember $450 included shipping from Florida to CA. Call if you have questions.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com