Old January 12th 20, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Too many GPS puck antennas

Play around with positioning.Â* If you want to try the glued on washers
with magnetic antennae, try installing them as far back or as far
forward on the canopy rails as you can.Â* My Stemme is very wide so my
pucks are far away from the panel.

On 1/11/2020 5:48 PM, Delta8 wrote:
;1007977 Wrote:
On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 9:22:22 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley
wrote:-
I just started pimping out my ASW20. I am putting in a LXNAV S100,
FLARM and an ADS-B Trig transponder. Thant’s three puck antennas and I
haven’t even figured out where to put the FLARM antennas yet! Does
anyone have a good solution?-

Too many puck GPS antennas too close together will lead to interference
and poor function.
I remember reading somewhere that these puck antennas must be 30 inches
apart to help reduce the possibility of such interference.

What about compass interference with all those magnets and metal ?
I have one that I moved around the compass but seemed to not affect it
.

--
Dan, 5J