Old January 13th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
db_sonic

Default experimental to standard certificate

On Jan 12, 8:02*pm, shkdriver
wrote:
Anyone ever purchase a used glider with an experimental certificate,say
for example, an ASW 19b, and change to a standard certificate?
I understand that some gliders were imported and flown as
experimental such as jantars, due to govermental restrictions on
reciprocal airworthiness circumstance.
The ASW 19b has been given U.S. standard certificates.
Just wondering
Scott W.

--
shkdriver

I purchased a used ASW19B that had no US CofA. It was an import. As
long as you have the Original Export CofA from the manufacturer and
take it to a DAR you should have no problem. I did mine through Dave
Monti in Minden and he did the annual along with it. The FAA DAR
directory is here and you want the DAR maintenance guys.
http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviat...rdirectory.pdf