Old February 7th 05, 12:19 PM
Gary Mishler

"Don Hammer" wrote in message
Gary,
The challengers have dampers that come into effect when there is no
boost pressure. On Falcons, the hydraulic actuators essentially lock
up with no pressure. Neither require any other locks. If memory
serves, Gulfstream locks the rudder only.

Thanks for the clarification. All the ones I have flown are cable actuated
and they of course have gust locks. Even so, one of our Lears had the
rudder stops beat up when a Falcon parked right behind us blew our rudder
around, even with the gust lock installed. Ouch.