Old December 15th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

Default Two essential items...

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On X-Files Mulder was able to call Skully from the middle of the
desert, in a train car, burried in the desert. Cell phones must be
pretty good!

Ha. Hmm. Makes you wonder if you might be able to catch a quick
signal from an airliner flying over with its own mini-cell someday.

When the Towers fell on 9/11, our R&D group (with family in the
buildings) soon realized that there might be people trapped alive with
cell phones. So we had a portable cell "tower" taken to the site as
quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it never got a survivor call, even
though I believe some buried phones were still active.

Kev