Old August 3rd 05, 02:34 PM
Jim Burns

5. The REC.AVIATION PARTY.

Big thanks go to Jay and Mary for putting up with all of us ruffiens. I'm
sure that that there are days when they both wish we'd let them rest.

It was really great putting faces with names and I had some great
conversations with Dave, Jack, Steve, Chris and others in between flipping
steaks and rolling brats. My wife really enjoyed doing something than the
normal all day OSH trek following her crazy husband around at break neck
speed.

I must once again thank Paul for the extra time and effort to drive over to
our place and back to OSH to haul our grill around. And for the great food.
And for the great times. Our kids absolutely had a blast with him when he
stayed with us Wednesday night and then again Saturday at OSH.

I also want to thank Paul for hanging out with us Sunday and helping us pull
one of the props off our Aztec and hauling it back with him to Minneapolis,
then delivering it Monday to Maxwell. Paul's the ultimate example of the
great people on the groups and at OSH.

5. NO SMALL VENDORS.
Hell, where was Airtex interiors? They're not exactly small potatoes.

And
how about Plane Plastics? Or the guys who make custom panels?

Both Airtex and Plane Plastics were in Buildings A-D. I stopped briefly at
each, knowing that if I stayed too long my wallet would quickly be
lightened. I also found several custom panel outfits that caught my eye as
our Aztec still has it's 1966 vintage black on black plastic panel covers.
But I agree, what about all the small companys makeing that extra special
little gizmo that makes flying or airplane ownership that much more fun?
Closest thing I heard of but never saw was the automatic air pressure
sensors for tires as reported on the EAA website as being in the Fly-Mart.

No where to be found -- all priced off the field, I suspect. We need to

get
them back! EAA, are you listening?

Only 51 weeks till OSH '06!
--

No need to wait until next year, August 19th and 20th the EAA is hosting a
Murder Mystery evening at Pioneer Airport. Tami and I have already got our

Jim Burns