Old August 1st 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Travis Marlatte

Default Rec.Aviation OSH report

4 miles out isn't exactly crossing the lake. Of course, that is where they
ended up. Reportedly they were going into Gary so they wouldn't have been
much further out if they had followed a straight line from KOSH.

I haven't heard much detail from the the passenger's story. All I heard was
that they thought they were having engine trouble. Maybe they were trying to
nurse it into Gary.

--
-------------------------------
Travis
"Emily" wrote in message
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Paul,

The article says the passenger was able to stay afloat using a seat
cushion,

Crossing the lake without life jackets?

People do it all the time. I had students up there who thought there was
NOTHING wrong with being outside of gliding range from shore. "What's the
big deal? I can land in water and just swim back..."

Unfortunately, it's very hard to teach intelligence.