Old June 25th 05, 04:42 AM

Default Soaring records at Marfa, Texas

Yeehaw! Several Texas state soaring records have been bested -
usually within weeks of the previous records as exceptional soaring
continues at Marfa in west Texas.

Mark Gray, Chris Ruf, Joe Flores, Bruce Fox and Tim Garner all set new
records recently.

Many FAI soaring badge claims are also being filed.

Read all about it in "Soaring" magazine in a few months,
OR
you can bring your sailplane to Marfa NOW.

For ten days in late August, we close our hangar doors while we travel
to the International Vintage Sailplane Meet (IVSM) on Harris Hill near
Elmira, NY August 20 - 27. See www.soaringmuseum.org for details
about IVSM. Go watch the vintage wood & fabric gliders and classic
sailplanes fly, and visit the newly expanded soaring museum on Harris
Hill. We will return to Marfa before Labor Day weekend, reopening
September 3.

Always good soaring at Marfa from March thru October - and training /
FAA glider pilot checkrides year-round.

We'll help you meet your goals, and show you a good time!

Burt & Kathie Compton
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
www.flygliders.com
800-667-9464