Old September 19th 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Potential Club Class (US Sports Class) World Team SelectionPolicy Changes

On Sep 18, 9:51*pm, "John Godfrey (QT)"
wrote:
On Sep 18, 8:05*pm, Andrzej Kobus wrote:

On Sep 18, 7:33*pm, "Wayne Paul" wrote:

Hey... I have an idea!! *This same technique should be use to determine the US World Class team. *It is a shame that so many good pilots are excluded from international World Class competition simply because they don't own a PW-5!!!

Let's make a pilot flying an open class glider eligible to qualify for
any team. Let's not exclude him from the 15 m or the 18 m class just
because he can not buy a second or a third glider. Poor guy needs all
the chances he can get to qualify.

Is the assertion then that handicapping does not in fact work?
QT

Handicaps work but only in narrow spread. Tim Taylor gave you a good
example above. Another would be the last year's Sports Class
Nationals
in Elmira.
This has been discussed here over and over during the past couple of
years. Please review.
Contests are won and lost on weak days. Large span gliders will make
it while club class gliders may end up in a field. No handicap can
help in such a situation.
I am not flying a club class glider anymore because I could not stand
constant tinkering with it.
What are you guys going to tell Sean Franke who sold his Ventus 2 to
buy LS-1F. I guess Sam Giltner saw it coming and sold his glider in
time.
The biggest killer to participation is constant change and inability
to predict what is going to happen next year.
Where does it say that an ASG-29 pilot has a right or should be able
to qualify for Club Class team? Don't you see something is wrong with
this picture.
Please give the Club Class pilots a break and stop tinkering with
it.