Old April 1st 21, 03:05 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony[_7_] View Post
Dan Gryder does these short probable cause Aircraft accident Vids
At 2:56 meet your NTSB Boards and their credentials.
Nick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVleOyrLx0

Why do so many of the NTSB accident reports incorrectly claim that the towplane released the glider!? Not speaking of ptt accidents.
Very interesting regarding the qualifications of the NTSB board members. I don't think being current is overly important but the female member is listed on the FAA Airman Registry site as having a student pilots certificate. Maybe she is an accident reconstruction engineer? Not that she is identified as such. None are helicopter pilots and one might think that having at least ONE investigator with a helicopter background would be beneficial. I would think that an ATP/A&P type background would be important but that's just my opinion. I guess this is just another example of government officials in over their heads?

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot