Old November 17th 03, 09:14 PM
Tom S.

"Scott Aron Bloom" wrote in message
Honestly, Ive heard this so many times before that I used to ignore it....
Then it happend
3000 feet in the clouds, just finishing the departure, setting up for my
approach into seatac, im in
a single engine 172XP, and the engine starts running VERY rough.

Net result, I broke out at 700 feet above the ground, luckily a road was
there, I landed fine, but
a car pulled out infront of me and I rear ended her. Every one was ok (me

2
passengers and the car on the ground)
but I still thank god I learned to fly IFR the hard way..... No auto

pilot,
and my unusual attitudes were real.

Would I have pulled the parachute? Maybe, but im glad I had the skills to
FLY the plane first.

Except (IIRC) Cirrus recommends NOT dicking around but going right to the
chute.