Old December 6th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Default If I die...

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote in news:3OudnZLEyej-
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
:

Crash Lander wrote:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
If I should die while diving at least I didn't die in bed.
Poignant words indeed.
The last line makes for a fitting replacement for the ever clichéd
"He died doing what he loved!", which always seems to rub people the
wrong way for some reason.
Screw them. Doesn't make the words false.

I think it does...

Well, maybe not false, but they don't ring true and they're zero
consolation.

I think all of us would prefer to spend a
long life flying airplanes, riding motorcycles,
having sex, and then die relatively quickly
in bed. I know I would.

Yeah, but I do find the "Died what he loved doing" just annoys me.

As does the "these things happen for a reason"

Right. Nobody says that when an 18-year old
dies on his motorcycle. I wonder why they
think it appropriate for a 50-60 year old.