Old December 13th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_2_]

Default Glider rides

"Alistair Wright" wrote

Well, in my day (the 60's and 70's) in the UK we just made passengers sign
an indemnity form absolving the club from any reponsibility for accident
or injury or loss. Known as 'blood chits', these seemed to satisfy
whatever rules were in force at the time, since the BGA must have been
aware of the practice - every club was doing it.

Not worth the paper they are written on, in the US.

The way it was explained to me, was that even if you signed away your rights
to not hold them responsible, you can not sign away the rights of your
spouse and family for suing you, for you being responsible for getting the
person killed or severely injured.
--
Jim in NC