Old October 24th 16, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Blow holes vs turbulaator tape.

I think the JS-1 has two sets of blow holes, as per their web site.

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 8:23:15 AM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 9:26:10 AM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I seem to remember that Dick Butler had throttled the blow holes on his ETA biter, not sure how he did that.

Model airplane servos to open or close the supply. I think there were two sets of holes. One set further forward for lower speed, and another further back for higher speed. I think the aft set was always open, but the forward set could be closed off to not trip the flow before it needed to be tripped. Tape is only set for one C/L. With multiple sets of holes, you can transition based on C/L with different hole locations.