Old December 20th 03, 01:46 PM
Ben Haas

Richard Riley wrote in message . ..
Sometime recently (last 6 months or so) there was a post about how
much a well done auto conversion costs. The point was that if you're
doing it right - rebuild with race quality parts, proven PSRU, etc -
that the initial installation isn't significantly less than a zero
timed LyCont. (I think it's accepted by both sides that a rebuild
will be significantly less for the auto conversion, but that wasn't
the point)

IIRC, it broke down the costs to pretty small details. I've googled
but can't find it. Does anyone remember it, or is this a figment of
my sleep deprived imagination?

Mine is running in the 14,000 dollar range. All new parts and the best
available technology one can buy. Less then half the cost of a Lyc
0-360, twice the output, no chance of shock cooling the cylinders,
safe and easy way of heating the cockpit. Rebuilds will be in the
1,100.00 dollar range. Thank god for being an American and having the
right to build an experimental plane with ANY kind of powerplant one
wants to use. Pics of the plane and motor will be in Jays site soon.
Happy holidays to all you plane lovers out there.

Ben Haas. N801BH. Jackson Hole WY.