Old December 30th 03, 10:59 PM
James Blakely

"James Blakely" wrote in
message ...
I know everyone hear remember Capt. Haynes. Capt. Haynes was the pilot of

Of course, the above sentense should read: "I know everyon here remembers
Capt. Haynes."

Please excuse the typo.

United flight 232 when the center engine suffered an uncontained failure
and the DC-10 lost all of its hydraulic systems. Capt. Haynes landed the
ship at Sioux City using differential power. His handling of the

emergency
is considered an example on how to manage cockpit resources.

However, do you know the family tragedies he has had to face since then?
His wife passed away in 1999 and his son died in 1997. Now it his

daughter
who needs help. Laurie Haynes Arguello has been diagnosed with aplastic
anemia. The only treatment is a bone marrow transplant. A donor has been
located but the cost of the transplant and follow-up treatment is over
$250,000.

Capt. Haynes is trying to raise the money for the treatment. So far, he

has
raised about $30,000.

If you wish to make a donation to Laurie's treatment, please click:
http://www.transplants.org/

According to the site, the donations are tax-deductible but you should

check
with your tax advisor.

NOTE: I am not representing Capt. Haynes, Ms. Arguello, nor the National
Foundation for Transplants. I read this story in the paper and decided to
make a donation. I just thought that as pilots, you may be interested as
well. Go ahead and flame me if you want.