Old January 1st 04, 03:13 PM
Jonathan Goodish

In article VLIIb.707319$Tr4.1787059@attbi_s03,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
I don't mean to be cynical (that's Martin's job), but something doesn't add
up here...

Capt. Haynes is a retired airline captain, and a sought-after speaker on the
mashed-potato circuit. As such he should set for life, and pretty much
rolling in money.

Yet he can't borrow/raise $250K to save his daughter's life?

First of all, do we know that Capt. Haynes and not some other person is
behind the public fundraising for his daughter?

Secondly, do we know how much Capt. Haynes is making these days, or what
his expenses have been through his misfortune?

And thirdly, do we know what Capt. Haynes' relationship is with his
daughter? One of the articles that I read seemed to suggest that he
didn't view his daughter's life as any more important than someone
else's, which I thought was a little strange. Maybe I misinterpreted
what he said, or perhaps he was misquoted, but even if he was trying to
be objective about this sort of thing, it is human nature to value
family and friends more than others.

JKG