Old January 6th 04, 09:47 AM
Errol Cavit

"B2431" wrote in message
From: (Chandresh Prakash)
Is there an aeroplane that can stand still in mid-air ?
I used to think that SU - 30 could do it. Is that true ?
I found no evidence on a google web/groups search.

If you are flying an airplane at 60 kt IAS into a 60 kt wind you are not

moving
forwards or backwards.

I've seen a Tiger Moth do this for about a minute during an unofficial
display, so it's hardly high tech!

--
Errol Cavit |

I've heard a tape of collected kakapo noises, and it's almost impossible to
believe that it all just comes from a bird, or indeed any kind of animal.
Pink Floyd studio out-takes perhaps, but not a parrot.
Douglas Adams, _Last Chance to See_