Old August 9th 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFlarm at Uvalde?

Hi,

Of course, the best solution is to supply 12V power to the unit through the
RJ45 connector or round power connector.

Paul Remde

"Dave Hoppe" wrote in message
On 8/8/2011 11:58 PM, Rob Cluxton wrote:
Dave wrote:
I find it odd that there's no posts regarding the first-time use of

PowerFlarm in a US contest. Surely they're all flying with them.

It works well.

It does use up the batteries quickly though. 6 hours is about all I've
gotten out of it so far.

I wonder if the threat density has any effect on battery consumption? It
will be interesting to see how these work in a club/recreational setting.