Old August 9th 11, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Nicholas[_2_]

Default PowerFlarm at Uvalde?

For what it’s worth, I had interference it seemed with a Flarm GPS
aerial too close to my Volkslogger. I then put the Flarm GPS aerial on my
headrest instead of the top of the instrument panel coaming, and that fixed
it. On my Flarm (small Swiss type, not PowerFlarm), the GPS aerial came
with a long lead so it was easy to do that.

Chris N

I've heard there are issues with limited range (500meters) and
interference with both CAI and LX instruments.

Both my GPS antenas (LX and EW) are on my glare shield and do not
interfere with each other but from the reports I have heard I am
concerned that putting my PowerFlarm on the glare shield will not work.

Where are your GPS antenas located? 30cm away from GPS antennas AND the
compass is not realistic in most gliders...

Thanks for any info you may have,

Luke