Old April 1st 18, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Confusing SSA hand signals that should be changed

Yeah, I know.Â* We need more regulations and procedures...Â* Flying is
still too much fun. :-D

On 4/1/2018 1:56 PM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Sheesh Dan, is that all in the US?!?!
Slacker......
;-)

Yes, at our location, we do our hand signals which is pretty close to SSA standards.
Yes, if possible, we do radio. Not all trainers have a mounted radio, but may have a handheld.

We do a LOT of ground launch training before solo wing runner doing it solo.
Perfect!, nope.
Only perfect peeps I know are usuallly buttholes.

We do, we watch, we adapt.
We have a good record.
We are open to fine tune methods.
We are close to "SSA standards".