Old April 1st 21, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default AHRS and competition/badges/records/OLC ?

Semantics Michael wrote on 3/31/2021 3:22 PM:
Hmmm ........disabling a critical safety feature makes perfect sense.

Nonsense. I've never needed one in 7000 hours of soaring - how critical can it be? Arguably,
someone with one is more likely to need one for safety, because they think they have an "out".
Also, it's been prohibited in US contests for 50+ years, and I don't recall a single fatality
linked to that prohibition.