Old November 30th 04, 02:11 PM
Ron Natalie

Cub Driver wrote:

I don't know about hotels, but many enterprises don't accept anything
but MC and Visa. I presently carry a Delta/Amex card (12,500 free
miles for signing up, and no fee for the first 12 months) but I make
sure to carry a backup Visa card in my wallet.

I use my AMEX (one of the first cards I ever got, member since 1981)
when travelling and I carry a second AMEX which is a freebie that has
my COSTCO membership card tacked on it. It only gets used at COSTCO.

To get back on subject, I don't use my AOPA credit card except when
shopping at Sporty's.

I use my AOPA card only for airplane expenses. Get my rebate plus
it keeps the airplane stuff orgainzed seperately. This was especially
handy back when I had the plane on leaseback and I needed those expense
numbers for tax purposes. Now I probably would be better off not knowing
:-)

The one time I went to an FBO for training, where credit cards were
accepted, they didn't take MasteCard! (Chandler AZ.)

Anyhow, I don't particularly like MasterCard. It seems rather low-rent
to me.

I have a Visa from my credit union and a MasterCard from my insurance
company. Both have pretty good customer support. I chopped up my
BankOne Visa after numerous customer support problems (they called me
on the "I've got the scissors in my hand" statement, which oddly worked
for to get the Discover customer service weenie to fix my account).
I've got one of those Discover keychain thingies that I only have used
once in a long time (I keep it because it's handy when I'm out running
and only take my car key with me). The only other card I have is a
Victoria's Secret card (which gets me all sorts of interesting junk
mail like offers for free personal fittings...which Margy refuses to allow me
to follow up on, and occasionally a $10 gift card (for my birthday) or
some other VS freebie (Margy gets the benefit of these).