Old November 25th 04, 11:31 PM
John Harlow

Here's another credit card mystery: Why the hell does ANYONE use any
card but Discover? Everyone else charges to use their cards, while
Discover actually PAYS you to use their card -- yet they are a
distant third or fourth in the industry.

I have a Visa Platinum "rewards" card through Bank Of America, which I not
only have setup auto-debit to my account for the outstanding balance every
month (never a finance charge nor worry of late fee, plus I get free use of
their money for 30 days), but they cut ME a check for $150 a year for using
their card. I buy everything with it.

But they don't seem to advertise it. The way I found out about it is I
called to cancel my regular Visa, When they asked "why?" I said I use
Discover which pays cash back. Then and only then did they say they had a
competitive card; it actually pays twice what Discover does, plus Discover
has gone to their silly $20 cash back increments.

Definitely an excellent deal.