Old March 28th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bruce McFadden

Default Electric trim

I have a 1968 PA32-260 which has a PET-1 electric trim. It works well. I
am ready to get rid of the bow-tie yokes in favor of new PMA'd yokes from
Avion or refurbished yokes from Wentworth.

My problem is the trim switch. The design of the current switch will not
fit a ram's horn style yoke. Electric trim switches are available; both new
and used for Pipers, but I am not able to ascertain if they will work, let
alone be legal.

How do I got about finding if the old PET-! trim switch can legally be
replaced by a new Piper trim switch?

Wher can I look online for this info?

Thanks in advance

--

Bruce McFadden Birmingham, AL
PA32-260 N5594J

Patrick Henry --"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will do the
plowing for those that don't!!