Old May 14th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blanche

Default Inner Tubes

Jay Honeck wrote:
Both my mechanic and Desser recommended the Aero-Classic LeakGuard
tubes. We installed them a couple years ago and I can't remember the
last time I filled them. Definitely more expensive than a regular tube,
but worth it.

Now that is high praise.

Mary and I fill the tires at least twice a month. It's her least
favorite task, since -- thanks to our Fancy Pants -- it's a real bitch
to do.

I don't like the wheelpants on a cherokee either - most of the time,
they're sitting in the back of the hangar. However...I took the
electric air pump over to my neighborhood hardware store (strangely
enough, one of the Big Box stores!) and probably the only staffer
there who knew anything about tools picked out a 2-way chuck,
one of those widgets that are tapered at each end
to act as a splice on hoses, and (are you ready for this?)
actually INSTALLED the stuff on my air pump! I think it was the most
interesting activity he had all day. Cost me the price of the
widgets.

He was retired from the Navy, was the equivalent of an A&P in
the Navy, and he told great stories of being on a carrier while he
built the gadget.

Now, I can add air to the tires really easy, and no longer bend
the rubber valve - which forced me to buy another tire & tube in
the past.