Old April 12th 05, 03:52 PM
Don Hammer

"Kjell Sivertsen" wrote in message
Over some time the bolt holes in the link between the horizontal
stabilizer
and the trim mechanism have been elongated. To get rid of the play, I
consider installing an oversized bolt. The original bolt is an AN5-7. I am
confused about the designation on oversized bolts. Can anyone help ?

Thank you in advance.

Kjell Sivertsen

I don't think they make AN bolts in oversize sizes like some NAS
hardware. The issue though is not the bolt, but the hole it fits
into. By the time you ream it out to fit a larger bolt, you may have
lost the design strength required. You need to replace the part and
the bolt.

Don
A&P / IA

http://www.usenet.com