Old October 31st 18, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Looking for A-14 (or similar) pressure breathing diluter demandregulator

Not penny wise, just the efforts of someone who likes to "find a way"
and knows what he's capable of and what not to try.Â* I've had a cabin
pressure loss at FL450 so I know how pressure breathing feels.

On 10/31/2018 4:25 PM, JS wrote:
On Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 3:15:54 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I guess times have changed.Â* I got two vintage regulators from a museum
where my brother worked.Â* Using those two and a car inner tube for a
diaphragm, I made a serviceable regulator.Â* I flew with it for several
years in Colorado.Â* I don't think I ever took it above 18,000', however.

On 10/31/2018 2:15 PM, SoaringXCellence wrote:
Dan,

The problem is finding anyone with the rebuild parts for the A-8. I've been told that they are no longer available, unless someone has a good set hidden away. I have two A-8 regulators, but I can't even give them away without an overhaul.

MB

--
Dan, 5J

At least time of useful consciousness at double lennie height doesn't give much time to rethink "penny wise, pound foolish" decisions.
Jim

--
Dan, 5J