Old September 22nd 05, 04:09 AM
Smitty Two

In article .com,
wrote:

5. What is a very affordable PID controller (preferably under $100)
that will allow the ramp rate (up and down) to be set?

Joe

A stand alone, full PID with ramp and soak? Several hundred dollars, I'm
afraid. Keep an eye out on ebay, but the one Dan referenced isn't such a
beast.

Again, I have absolutely no idea what your requirements are as far as
accuracy and precision. If you can clarify those, you might find that
you need less sophistication. Also, as someone else mentioned, you might
find PC based software to do the work of a temperature controller. I
don't know what's out there in that regard.