Old February 13th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT-Hawaii

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:03:06 +0000, wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:20:24 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:

Forwarded to RAP...

Slightly OT, but since this is the only group I frequent, here goes.
My wife and I are making our first trip to Hawaii for a much needed
vacation. I have always wanted to fly around Oahu and see Ford Island and
other areas by air. My intention is to get checked out in a 152 or 172
and sightsee the island. Don't think I have the guts to go island
hopping, but around Oahu would be nice. But I'm obviously not familiar
with the area, availability of flight schools ( planes for rent ) , MOA's,
etc. Anybody out there done something like this, or familiar with this
type of adventure? Thanks in advance.

Neal

In 2001 I flew with an instructor in a Beaver Float plane, around
Oahu, very interesting but I can't remember the name. They advertise
tours but the owner/pilot is an instructor. He also had a 172.

I've just found 'Oahu Island Seaplane Tours' at
http://www.hawaiiactive.com/oahu/htm...-seaplane.html
The pilot has 29,000 hours in seaplanes (a world record apparently).

David,
G-BHJO, Scotland UK