Old July 19th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_1_]

Default Cobra Cosmetics II: How to Refinish?

Greg Arnold wrote:
Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
Ray Lovinggood wrote:

And if you like a 'Pimp My Ride' trailer, ol' H2O has
a good start. I believe he's got 17' 5-spoke alu
alloy wheels with what looks like 40 series rim protectors
(tires) on his Cobra.

Heh. I saw H2O's rims at Minden. They apparently helped with his
sway problem *and* make him look cool. :-)

Jeremy

But probably make a rough ride even rougher for the glider inside the
trailer.

I'm curious about the relative resistance to road hazard damage provided
by a 75 series trailer-rated tire (typical on a glider trailer) and a 40
series tire that isn't trailer rated. It's hard for me to avoid every
rock, road debris, pot hole, and curb with my trailer.

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

www.motorglider.org - Download "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane
Operation"