Old August 9th 10, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oudie - ConnectMe question

On Aug 8, 9:47*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Aug 8, 7:40*pm, " wrote:

This ought to be easy (and well documented), but I'm not seeing it.
What device type do you use in ConnectMe to transfer a flight file out
of an Oudie? *A friend just got one, and the Oudie doesn't show up as
one of the supported devices.

-Dave

You don't transfer flights out of the Oudie with ConnectMe. It is not
a logger/flight computer it is a PNA, i.e. equivalent to the PDA.

You get flight logs onto the Oudie by running ConnectMe on the Oudie
and it then connects to a computer/logger and you can specify those
device types.

Most people will copy the flight logs on the Oudie (either the ones
created by SeeYou Mobile itself or transferred to the Oudie via
ConnectMe) by simply physically moving the SD card containing the
flight log to your laptop, PC or whatever. More sophisticated users
might transfer files over networks etc. but "sneaker net" with SD card
is where I would start.

Darryl

OK, more details he did a flight without a SD card installed which was
saved somewhere in internal memory, and was trying to copy it to a
microSD card after the fact. I assume there's some other utility or
file explorer to do that?

I'm surprised you're calling it just a PDA, it's got a GPS and can log
flights, albeit not securely.

Dave