Old November 14th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

Default Thrown out of an FBO...

Jose wrote:
Actually that can be entirely avoided by simply making your partner
your medical power of attorney.

In some cases yes, in others no. Each hospital or clinic is different.

By the way, the same problem occurs for hetro couple who are not married.

But hetero couples can get married and become a family. That's part of
what it's all about. Marriage is the declaration and committment made
by the couple, in front of the world, that they are now a family. A
couple who has that ability, but chooses not to (the aforementioned
hetero couple) is not a family. I have no problem with that. But a
couple who does =not= have that ability can't choose.

Jose

I disagree. Medical Power of attorney is respected everywhere. Please
cite a case where it has not been. ( Assumption is that your in the US )

John