Old September 26th 03, 11:06 PM
ADP

I guess the "Ariana Wussies" have hit this forum - even if they aren't from
the US
Give me a break, there are so-called SUVs that can blow the doors off of
anything less than a
new Ferrari and out corner anything built in Japan.
In fact, I'll take my two wheel drive pickup truck and challenge you in
whatever 1000 cc turkey you drive
and race you an any road, any track, anywhere and drub you soundly - and
I'll drub you in a straightaway towing a 2000# load.
And, yes folks, I really can do it!

If you want to push this BS, go to Green Peace. Drive what you want where
and when you want.

The other responses to this thread were on point, what will make his vehicle
handle better while towing.
Please get with it.

Let the games begin!

ADP

"CH" wrote in message
I don't know how long it does take for certain people
to recognise, that SUV's and 4-wheel drive cars

- are built for use in the outback and not for driving in towns
- have a high CG and are handling worse on windy roads than
any normal cars with good suspension (European/Japan cars)
- have big tires to suit off road driving, which are worse on
normal roads, worse than normal or low profile tires.
- often do not have independent side stable suspension on the
back which give them bad side stability (push the car sideways
on the rear bumper and let it go - if the hole car swings around
the vertical yaw axis then it does not suit towing)
- have bad aerodynamics and produce more turbulence behind,
which has again bad influence on the trailers stability.

Conclusions:
Quite any car is better for towing, in handling and safety than
a SUV.