Old December 3rd 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum[_2_]

Default Cobra hydraulic bottle jacks - where to buy?

"Larry Goddard" wrote in message ...
"HL Falbaum" wrote in message :

I did exactly that a few years ago. All dimensions were the same except the
bushing in the ram was a different size. I didn't have a lathe at the time,
so I took it back and bit the bullet for a new Cobra. Now I could do the job
in about 15 min including set-up. But still crappy quality.

Bumper said he could get the jack apart with a pipe wrench on the large hex
near the top of the reservoir. I tried with an extension on my pipe wrench
handle but nearly tore the vise off the bench, The nut didn't budge!

You forgot the basics, Hartley!

"Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey"

:-)

zero one