Old July 12th 18, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra trailer aluminum vs fiberglass top

On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 9:22:31 PM UTC+1, wrote:
I have had both, the fiberglass top is way heavier. I can barely push it around by myself even when empty. But both have or will have finish issues and it will cost alot more to refinish the aluminium than the fiberglass. In all considerations if I was buying new Id probably go with th aluminium top. but just barely

CH

At the 2018 BGA conference exhibition I asked the 2 Cobra representatives which trailer top they would buy for themselves and without hesitation they said "the metal top but with with insulation".