Old July 18th 18, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Dream Panel

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 9:31:30 AM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 8:07:37 AM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 7:39:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 6:02:53 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue).
Tom

Personally I'd want a dedicated traffic display to avoid cluttering up my moving map, and I'd choose adsb-in traffic, not flarm. I've never been able to find out if flarm displays can display adsb-traffic.

About a compass requirement: 91.205 does list required instruments for powered civil aircraft, but there are no requirements (other than whatever the POH requires) for gliders, and motorgliders are gliders.

Powerflarm absolutely outputs ADSB 1090ES contacts. Whether your display shows them is up to it. Mine does. It does NOT display the funky USA only UAT contacts (unless they are rebroadcast as 1090ES).

The radio interface provided by the ACD-57 is superb, much better than either the Becker or the TQ which it controls remotely. And much better than a Trig. You really want the Air Avionics COM radio, if only they could get it shipping. It will have one feature none of the others do: the Say Again function.

Air Avionics has really dropped the ball on getting their radio certified.. It will not be available this year, making it unlikely I could get it in time to use it in my 31Mi.
https://www.air-avionics.com/?page_id=1204
Tom

Tom,

http://www.craggyaero.com/Drawings/ASH31Panel.JPG

This is a picture of one of my Customers Panels. The only thing I would change is replace the Winter Altimeter with an Air-Avionis Air Control Display Altimeter.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com