Old August 19th 03, 03:50 AM
Snowbird

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message ...
This is correct but AFAIK none of the current GPS navigators provide GS
info.

Understood. The issue is, if we have to shell out for
installation of a new (or new-to-us) OBS, is it worth it
to pay a bit more up-front and get one which might add
future capability. An OBS which adds IFR GPS capability
is no thrill to us, because we already have an approach-
certified IFR GPS which has its own, dedicated CDI.

OTOH, adding the potential for VNAV would seem to be a
plus, perhaps worth a bit of extra investment in equipment.
You think?

Cheers,
Sydney