Old October 9th 05, 05:56 AM
Dean A. Scott

I'm thinking of designing a boom mike only headset.

Then follow what I said in my first reply...

"... You can find a fire supply liquidator on ebay selling headsets
with a [permenantly mounted] M-81 [high noise cancelling electret mic]
on a flex boom for $50 [not an articulated wire boom, this is a single
flexible "gooseneck" tube-type boom]..."
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sigtronics-Noise...QQcmdZViewItem

In other words, get this cheapo headset (actually only one earcup is
noise reducing, the other is slotted to let in outside sound, the boom
is mounted on the closed cup), remove the boom by unscrewing a single
nut inside the earcup, discard everything else, mount the boom to your
own headset's ear cup (3/8" hole I beleive), and connect the two mic
wires to a cable with a suitable plug for your radio's mic input jack.

Or, contact Sigtronics Parts and order a replacement boom mic assembly
for their SE-8 headset, but I guarantee it will be more than $50!

Dean A. Scott, mfa
School of Visual Art and Design
southern adventist university
http://www.southern.edu/~dascott