Old July 2nd 15, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default RV4 3pt vs wheel landings

On Saturday, June 8, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Dennis wrote:
Where can I get more informatin about "3 point" vs "wheel"
landings in the Vans RV4 ?
I have read the "Compleat Taildragger" and he says you must do "wheel"
landings for high crosswind, but then many articles in Plane&Pilot
say many taildraggers are fully controlable down to full stall 3 point
landings and wheel landings may never be needed.. my RV4 seems to be one
of those (so far ..) I sure would like more input as I only have about
50 hrs in taildraggers... all RV4 stories and opinions would be welcome.
Thanks.. DA in GA

I just got back from some tail wheel training with the most experienced RV instructor in the world and he is a big promoter of the 3 point landing with tailwheel RVs even in crosswinds