Old September 1st 18, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flying with Parachutes

On Friday, August 31, 2018 at 9:18:13 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
That's one thing I disagree with Don about....

Where I'm not personally expert,
I consult with multiple people who are,
and take their advice when it's consistent.

Are you as expert as Don, or the folks at Strong??

I have a few thousand jumps was a skydiving instructor(AFF and Tandem) and am a CFI(helicopters and gliders.) Started jumping when there were still some round reserves in use, I've seen enough to know I don't want to use a round. Perfectly fine with jumping a square. And I've taught enough people in both disciplines to believe glider pilots can manage a square parachute.. Student skydivers, with all of the performance limitations imposed by fear, manage square parachutes after half a day of training. I'm not in the parachute business I promote squares because I believe they are safer for us. Next time you are at Pepperell walk over to the jumpschool and talk to some instructors, ask their opinion.