Old March 31st 14, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default Spot off ...WTF?

Bottom line weather the device was Spot or Delorm or any other kind of ELT the crew was negligent in their duties and all died of this as a result of it. The liability should lie with the captain of the ship. They plotted a bad course and we're not vigilant. I've been using a spot three since December, it has worked flawless for my mission. My people are informed of when and where I'm going to fly, anyone who cares has a link to my site. They all know that if I should not show up at the other end or where I'm supposed to be they can track my course. Whether I fly my glider or my plane and whether I crashed either it will not be the fault of my spot device.

God rest their souls, long live the tort