Old October 29th 04, 05:34 PM
Jim Vincent

I have to give Andrew Meads full credit for the design. We were all trying to
figure out a solution about five years ago and he came up with the best idea.
We were averse to using a hatchet or scissors.

The more I think about it, the more I like the rotating cylinder in a block
idea . It's very robust, easy to make and the cutting edges are protected.
Sharpening the edges would just be a matter of using a cylinder hone in a
hand drill. The Spectra could be protected from the edges with a cut-able,
thin wall plastic tube inserted into the through-hole.

Bill Daniels

Jim Vincent
N483SZ
illspam