Old September 15th 04, 11:01 PM
Andrew C. Toppan

On 15 Sep 2004 11:18:24 -0700, (Allen Thomson)
wrote:

I assume the "radiation hazard" is some sort of RF emanation
that could mess up on-board electronics, but the extremely

It means a radar. Range relates to power and the rate at which it
decreases with distance. For example....if I stand in front of an
Aegis radar during a pierside test at sufficiently high power, I'm
toasted. But that same radar is radiating across streets and bridges
and houses a mile or two distant, without ill effect.

--
Andrew Toppan ---
--- "I speak only for myself"