Old September 4th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 17:59:25 GMT, John Theune
wrote in 1QZKg.1665$m36.629@trnddc02:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:17:57 -0400, Javier
wrote in :

Larry Dighera wrote:

What would be your feeling if the bank decided to double your fixed
mortgage interest rate despite your not having had an opportunity to
agree to their change?
If I have a contract with the bank for a fixed rate for a number of
years, I expect them to keep the interest rate the same through the
period, since that's what the contract states, no?

Changing the terms of a contract without the agreement of all parties
constitutes a breach of contract, doesn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breach_of_contract
Breach of contract is a legal concept in which a binding agreement
or bargained-for exchange is not honored by one or more of the
parties to the contract by non-performance or interference with
the other party's performance.

[...]

In the matter of the union pushing their members to waste time and
resources to make a point, I think that it is likely to contribute
sourness to an already stressed relationship.

I wasn't aware the union was doing that. Can you please quote a
source that supports that allegation?

This is copied from the Avweb story:

While the battle inside the towers and centers may (to outsiders) have
its whimsical side, the practical impact of the new regime could be
significant. NATCA appears determined to fight each and every violation
of the new rules cited by management. In a memo to controllers at a
major center (we do know which one), union leaders are urging members to
exercise their rights to the letter. "If a supervisor tries to talk with
you regarding the way your are dressed, it constitutes a formal
meeting," the memo reads. "Stop the conversation immediately and ask for
a union representative. The same approach should be used on any other
changes in your working conditions, ask for a rep immediately. The
Agency has a legal obligation to comply." But the memo also says the
overall battle won't be won by individual members discussing their
fashion challenges. "One person alone can not change the course the
agency has decided to take," the memo says. "However, collectively we
can unpave their course and start a new road. I and the rest of your
elected leaders will need your help now more than ever."

Can you please point out the part that indicates the union is "pushing
their members to waste time and resources"?