Old August 15th 03, 08:50 PM
Wayne

Checked it out today. The mount only has a latch, rather than an allen type
screw, and it only latches on the right side. It's hard to explain with
typing, but the mount seems to be twisted slightly. If you slide the unit
straight in, the right side seats in about a quarter of an inch before the
left side. When you push the left side in, it slides the rear of the mount
to the right, squaring it up as it goes. I can't see any way to anchor it to
the right as needed, if it had a slot for the latch on the left side, I
would move the latch to that side, even though it would be quite a pain to
unlatch then. I'll have to take some picures of it and see if anyone has an
idea.
Wayne

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
om...
"Wayne" wrote in message

Well, yesterday I paid for my third of my airplane, the 175B that I

Congrats!

Other than that, the DME is loose but works if you push it in and

the
com 1 seems a bit weak on transmit.

Most avionics are held in place via a single screw that can be
accessed using a long (5" or so) allen wrench from the front panel.
You may want to get or borrow one of these allen wrenches to verify
your DME is seated properly.

-Nathan