Old August 15th 03, 10:55 PM
Ray Andraka

Check the integrity of the alternator side of the master switch, the field
breaker and the field wiring. If anything has a high resistance, it can cause
this type of behavior. The master switch is a prime suspect.

mikem wrote:

Newer Cessnas have an OVP built into the same can as the VR. Older
ones didn't have an OVP. Since yours was field modified during the
engine conversion, the OVP could be a module separate from the VR, or
could be built into the VR. If adjustable, then the OVP should trip at
15.5 V. If it is tripping spuriously, then it might be time to replace
(or add) a filter capacitor across the wires where the OVP senses the
bus voltage.

MikeM

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:53:26 -0400, "Wayne"
wrote:

Okay, I read what I could find. Well written by the way. I guess I need to
do a voltage check to see how high it is going when it shuts off. I would
think the regulator would take care of that and it's brand new. Is the OVP
inside the alternator or where? Asking that just in case it is cutting out
too low. Thanks
Wayne

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.