Old February 3rd 05, 02:38 PM
greenwavepilot

"$600/hr seems low unless it is flying several hours a day."
"Bell quotes a DOC of $260 per hr for a 206B3."
"Figure insurance and pilot $5-6K per month plus bennies."

Yeah, I was figuring that just helo/maint./fuel/hangar would be higher
than $600 per flight hour. It will be flying every day that weather
permits (say 300 days a year).

Trying to precisely nail down DOC as it relates to any aviation
operation seems as difficult as trying to shooting a dove with .22 from
the bow of a pitching boat. Not easy. Even trying to establish a
budgetable range has a lot of variables which cannot be isolated,
especially from the maintenance and fuel standpoint.

I appreciate the replies giving me a snapshot of the costs. I now need
to get my hands really dirty with the details.

Thanks.