Old August 16th 05, 09:52 PM

xxx wrote:
So here I am in sunny (OK, heavy marine layer overcast) southern
California. Always looking for interesting/stupid/expensive
things to do, I see that there are a lot of outfits here offering
taildragger instruction, some aerobatic, some spin training,
some just tailwheel endorsements.

They use a variety of aircraft: Cubs, Aeroncas, Decathalon and
more.

Is there a significant difference between these different airplanes
when it comes to the initial learning about handling a taildragger?

Others have discussed the aircraft. I'll put in a plug for Sunrise
Aviation down at John Wayne. They have four Decathlons, a Citabria,
2 holer Pitts and an Extra 300. More importantly, I thought the
instruction I got there last year during an aerobatic refresher was
first rate. (Nice web site, too.)

Have fun with whatever you choose, rick