Old November 20th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Diamond Badges

Nyal Williams wrote:
We should re-design the diamond badge. The original was nice; the
current design, with the 3-diamond crest at the top is ugly, ugly, ugly!

The first design called for the diamonds to be distributed evenly around
the edge of the gold badge and each one of the diamond legs had a
specific location on the badge. This allowed the addition of the
diamonds, one-by-one, as they were earned.

Those of you who saw Peter Riedel's badges offered on eBay had
opportunity to compare the old version and the new version side by
side. Seems to me we could change the current method of an add-on crest
for a new add-on device , triangular in shape, that would allow
positioning the stones equilaterally around the badge. That would
return to specific locations for specific legs. There are pilots with
gold badges who have had one and even two diamond legs for years and
years; why not let them display these in the proper location so as to
know their accomplishments?

Do you have a picture of the diamond badges?

Jacek